Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lisa's here!

Hi, I'm Lisa. I'm a 24 year old mother of 2 - - Kirk is 3 and Sara is almost 1. I have gained over 75 lbs since I got married 4 years ago and cannot seem to take them off. I recently started going to the Walk-In Weight Loss clinic here and it has a great program run by an MD and a dietitian. My goal is to lose at least 60 lbs. over the next however long it takes me. :) Preferably sooner rather than later.
My plans (or rather - how the dr. intends for me to lose it):
Eat my largest meal in the morning.
No carbs after 2 PM.
No eating or snacking after dinner.
(Mind you - most non-starchy vegis are free carbs - you can have as much as you want).
That is the gist of the plan. The dr. doesn't even stress exercise, although I will exercise. This plan does work - I have seen some results already, but I cannot seem to keep myself motivated long enough to see the results. So - that is my pledge! To stick to my plan! There's a group of moms that goes walking for about an hour every morning with me. Unfortunately due to my husband's work, running is out of the question. I will not run with a stroller and Paul works too early most mornings for me to leave the kids at home in bed. But I would love to work up the endurance to run a 5K with Cami, Jill and Becky. It just may not be this summer.
Here is a nasty picture of me with my kids and my little brother. I would do anything to not look like this!!!

OK - I don't know what else to post - but GOOD LUCK to everyone else and thanks to Cami for setting this up!

3 comments:

Melissa E Photography said...

That sounds like an awesome plan. You have a lot of discipline to take on a challenging diet like that!

Cami Jo said...

Good for you Lisa! Maybe I should try a few of those ideas! Let me know how it goes!

Jill Chatterley said...

I'm so glad your going to do this with us. I think it will be GREAT! Good Luck...I know Ill need it:)