Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Checking in

I've had some ups and downs over the past few weeks but I haven't given up. I've shaved minutes off my mile and 5k and I've lost 3 lbs. That has felt really good and continues to motivate me. My husband and I have set up weight loss goals/rewards and we've been exercising together. That has helped me to focus the most and continually reminds me of my long term goals instead of being lazy in the moment. Eating healthy dinners is still my biggest struggle. For the time being I'm trying to eat smaller portions at dinner time, hopefully that helps a little. Anyway, I'm still around and doing what I can. Just wanted to check in quick! :)

2 comments:

Cami Jo said...

Good for you, Michelle. What do you mean healthy dinners? Can we give you some suggestions? What kinds of things do you normally eat for dinner? I know a few things that help me is to always make myself have a vegetable with dinner everynight (uness for some reason we do breakfast for dinner or something!) and that helps us. (We eat a lot of the steamable veggies in the frozen food bags. They are great, and perfect size for our family!) Also, If we do things that require rice, most of the time it's some kind of meat and sauce that goes on it, so I can easily use brown rice without noticing much different in taste! My biggest thing is to use a crockpot for dinners! If I use a crock-pot- it's easy, usually healthy, and it's done so by 4:30pm I'm not thinking....Hmmmm...who wants grilled cheese sandwhiches for dinner?" because I'm too lazy to cook! I'm sure it's a lot different when you are working though...but keep trying! I bet it's nice to workout with your husband too. Thanks for the update!

Michelle said...

Health"ier" dinners. :D I've been tired from working so much and Richard has been wiped from school. So by the time dinner rolls around, lately we've been eating out more and eating more box dinners. It's terrible. :P I'm trying to go back to making things from scratch but it's harder when you get home late. We always have a veggie with dinner so that good. I'm going to have to do more crock-pot meals Cami. Then I wouldn't be rushing to get dinner done in time. Thanks for your suggestions!