Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The old lady's still hangin' on

Well, it took me a while to figure out how to post again, but here I am and yes I'm still sticking to my diet.

The fourth was hard, as you all mentioned, but while everyone was bar-b-queing steak, I was eating chicken and green salads. No potato salad for me, uh-huh! But I have to admit I did sneak a handful or two of carmel popcorn. I didn't think it was too bad.

I've also been exercising very regularly. I even got my running distance up to 1 mile then walk a block and run 3/4 of a mile. Not bad for a starter. I think I'm taking Saturday's off of exercising so I am looking forward to the weekend. For me it's the eating thing that I can't loosen up on.

Good idea Jill about writing everything down, I eat without even thinking about it and this will make me more aware.

My goals for the coming week are-Cleanse half days every other day and keep my total calorie intake at around 1000 calories. I am not weighing each week either, that bumms me out when I haven't lost as much as I think I deserve to. So I'll weigh after the first 2 weeks and then see how things are going.

Keep it up girls, you are keeping me motivated.

2 comments:

Cami Jo said...

Good for you MOM! You have always had more self control than me. I'll take your example and get back to work. Vacations are killers! Anyway- I ran my 5k last Wednesday before I left for Yellowstone and I did it in 32 minutes and 11 seconds. Last year the 3rd place girl in my division did it in 30 minutes, so...that's only 2 minutes to go! (Actually much harder than it sounds!)
Anyway, I'll work on my intake, and like you and Jill I'm going to start writing it down! It really helps!

Cami Jo said...

ps: You are not THAT old! Give yourself a break!