Monday, March 14, 2011

Jumping back in

The last two weeks, I did.....nothing. :( The first week I was really sick with what I thought was strep throat (it was treated like strep but the test was negative). The second week I spent recovering from that and work. Work has picked up and I've been so tired after a long day that I've barely had enough energy to be wife and mom. You guys have days like that? I feel like when I come home, I spend the evening recuperating from work and the only thing I want to do is rest. Something to work through.

Anyway, I'm jumping back on the bandwagon this week. :) These are my goals:

*Run 3x
*Don't eat after dinner
*Go to bed before 10:30pm

4 comments:

Cami Jo said...

I TOTALLY feel that way by the end of the day. (When I say end of the day, I'm referring to around 4:30pm!) If I don't exercise in the morning, I don't get it done! Have you tried working out early BEFORE work? (I don't know what time you go, so this may not be hepful) but I find I have more energy the rest of the day if I get my workout in early, instead of dreading doing it all day and "maybe" getting around to it in the evening. It's probably much harder when you go to work, but that's my only advice. Get it done early, maybe before anybody is up(?) and you won't have to worry about it the rest of the day. Then, you can come home and use whatever energy yo have left to be a mom and wife. Good luck. It takes awhile to get use to getting up early, but I've been waking up at 5:30ish for about 3 months now, and my body is use to it. I go to bed around 10, and I feel pretty good all day. Good luck Michelle! Glad you are finally over the "not"-strep sickness. The goals sound great though!

Rolyndia said...

Way to go Michelle. It is hard to get everything in in one day. But I agree with Cami, do your workouts in the mornings. It will make the day so much better and you will have so much energy.

I have not been able to workout at all this week. I have pneumonia, but I have been eating good and so I will take that for now. I am hoping by Monday to be up and doing my workouts again!

Keep your chin up, you are doing awesome!

Michelle said...

I could try mornings again. I'm not much of a morning person after being up many times during the night with my youngest, who STILL does not sleep the through night. But maybe I will try it next week and see how it goes. Thanks girls!:D

Michelle said...

Rolyndia, I'm sorry you have pneumonia! I hope it doesn't linger and you get rid of it soon!