Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Thanks Cami

At the beginning of this week I thought to myself "gee Michelle, it's the week of Christmas, why not take a break?" Then I read your post Cami and the part about doing this blog this time of year helped me realize something. How often during the year do we say that to ourselves "let's take a break because of this...."? I do it all the time. Take a break because it's my birthday. Take a break because it's a holiday. Take a break because I had a bad week. No wonder I am the way I am, I took too many breaks. :P So, while my body wants to go on vacation, I'm going to try hard not too.

So far I'm doing pretty well by not overeating and drinking water. I haven't been going to bed early because my nights are packed since I've been working more than usual. Honestly, I probably won't get any workouts in because seriously, I have a ton to do. But running around counts as something right? That and being on my feet all day at work. (I'm totally counting that too lol!) Have a merry Christmas everyone!!

1 comment:

Cami Jo said...

Good for you Michelle!!! I have learned that "taking a break" only leaves me feeling more crappy than before! Why we do this to ourselves, I don't know! My -no treats until Christmas Eve- hasn't gone exactly as planned, but since I made the goal, I've been VERY careful. I've slipped in a couple of oreos here and there, but much better than normal. I'm going to be strict today and tomorrow and just enjoy the Holidays this weekend!! Good luck with all that you have going on this week. Don't work too hard!!! Merry Christmas to you too!