Monday, June 30, 2008

The oldie in the group

Ok, here I go. I don't usually "Blog" but Cami has encouraged me to do this to keep me on track.
I am Cami's mom and I'm 48, wow that's hard to type. Anyway I want to lose 15 pounds before the end of summer. I have a missionary coming home and I don't want him to get off the plane and wonder where his mom went because he won't recognize me in my extra padding.
I am usually a pretty good exerciser but I need to combine that now with my eating habits.
NO MORE SUGAR!!! Yes I'm a sugar addict. Now I've said it and I must face it. I am trying to stop the whole sugar thing and get back to eating healthy. I need to snack on carrots and nuts instead of twinkies so that is my plan.
I bought an elipticle a few months ago and I like doing that. I used to run and I would like to start building my distance up again.
I also am starting do "Cleanse" today and I hate it, but I know it will get my blood sugar back where it needs to be, so wish me luck.
I probably won't post everyday, but I'll keep up with you "youngsters". Just remember, it's a lot harder to lose weight now that I'm over the hill than it was when I was your ages so be kind and I'll try to be patient with myself.
Thanks for the invite Cami and good luck to all of you.
BTW Jill, You look great, as do you Cami.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too recently decided to shed the 25 pounds I've gained since being married. It's taken me 5 years of wanting it to be gone to finally do something about it. I have been doing Weight Watchers for 6 weeks and have lost 12 pounds. I'm not suggesting going, but what really does help is writing down EVERYTHING that goes in your mouth!

Good luck!

Cami Jo said...

Who is anonymous?

Anyway, I'm glad you've joined the group mom! By the way, I don't feel as crazy posting my weight after I read that you posted your age! JUST KIDDING! I constantly brag about how in shape you are to my friends and the people I walk with. I think you are amazing! Hopefully this blog will help us all get to where we want to be!!!