Monday, January 26, 2009

Don't Know What To Do?!?

As I have mentioned before, my walking buddy and I are training to do the half-marathon in June. Well, Hubby and I have been asked by our Stake Presidency to be a Ma and Pa for the trek this June. The HM is on June 13th and the Trek is on June 18-20th. I don't know if I physically will be able to do both, but don't want to give up on the HM. I will have 5 days before the Trek, but on the Trek we are having to walk 7-8 miles a day. Do you think I am crazy if I do both?? Should I train for the HM even if I don't do it? Do you think it will help me for the Trek and that I should continue to train? UUGGHH!!!!

3 comments:

Hannah S said...

I think you could both, especially since the marathon is the week before. Just make sure you give yourself enough rest (2 days) before the trek (physical stress, you can't really rest when you've got a lot of planning/packing to do for such a big project). also, do you have time to train for it w/this new responsibility? If you do, I say go for it!

Cami Jo said...

My family did the trek thing, and it turned out to be an awesome experience! I don't think you should pass it up! On the other hand, you have had your mind set to do the HM, and I think you should go for it. Just continue to train for both, and as it gets closer, see how you feel. If worse comes to worse you could always do the HM on your own sometime, before or after the real date. I think if you are in good enough shape to run a half marathon, the trek will be a breeze! Sure it's the same week as your race, but as you train, try to notice how you feel after you run lots, and see if you think you could do the trek. You are only walking on the trek, (Which sure is hard, but I think it will surprise you how well you do!) Don't be too hard on yourself though. You know yourself better than anyone, so just listen to your body! Good luck though! Let me know what you decide!

Rolyndia said...

Thanks for the comments. It is hard right now to train because it is SO COLD, but I am still doing it and I figure I will train for the HM and see what happens, if nothing else it will get me in shape for the Trek.