Monday, August 4, 2008

Back in the saddle!!

I know that the title is funny, but I'm in my husband's small hometown and it always turns me into somewhat of a cowgirl. :) Life has been extremely crazy to us lately. We had a huge 24th of July party (a state holiday in Utah), then the progressive dying of Paul's grandmother, and my little baby's 1st birthday. Anyway - suffice it to say that any thoughts of a healthy lifestyle are completely kaput.
OK - sorry that I haven't put anything about me on here, though. My blog is paulandlisathomas.blogspot.com. Feel free to visit to find out more about me. :)
Now - on to my new plans. I don't know how many of you are LDS, but I've had a hard time with fad diets lately because of my faith. The Word of Wisdom teaches to eat meats sparingly, and even the diet I am on says to eat meats ALL DAY LONG. So, I have modified my goals. Now, first off, I have to say that this will not take effect until probably next Monday. We still have a funeral and wedding to go to this week. My inspiration comes from this article:

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=86c33645a2cba110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1
I am going to buy lots of fruits, vegis and whole grain foods. I will eat healthy - but not yucky stuff or too much of 1 food group. I also plan to watch my portions and my snacks. Last of all, I am going to start running. I ran a lot while I was college, but have lost the fire. I am going to upload my favorite songs onto my ipod and find a time to run the 3 miles that has taken me an hour a day to walk. I really really want to run a 5K like all my friends are doing. So, I will keep everyone updated!

2 comments:

Rolyndia said...

Hi Lisa, I just read that same article last night. It really inspired me to do better for myself and my family. I have always found myself going back to the Word of Wisdom to find inspiration and have been thinking a lot about it these last few days. SO I really enjoyed the article when I read it last night. So like you, I am buying more fruit and veggies and whole grains and cutting back on how much meat we eat.

Good luck with running. I am trying to get into it and hope that one day I will run a 5k also.

Cami Jo said...

I have always believed in MODERATION IN ALL THINGS!

Thanks for the reminder though. I think if we obey the Word of Wisdom and are healthy, that's all that should matter anyway. Not what size of pants we wear. Easier said than done, of course.

Good luck running. I'm sure you'll do great!